Musical Instrument Amplifiers
"Built the way they used to build them"
Hamilton-Kolby has developed a small line of custom-built vacuum-tube guitar
amplifiers inspired by the finest examples from the golden age of tweed.
We believe that the magic of these amplifiers results not only from their circuit design,
but from the construction materials and techniques used to build them. Our amplifiers are truly "built the way they used to build them".
And they sound like their older counterparts too.
Consider these features:
- Chrome-plated steel chassis
- Finger-jointed solid pine cabinet
- Point-to-point, hand-wired circuit using authentic vulcanized fiber-board and brass eyelets
- Highest quality components - SwitchcraftTM jacks, SpragueTM caps, Alpha and CTS Pots, Weber VST or Jensen loudspeakers
- Chassis-mounted tube sockets, controls, and jacks
- Removable speaker baffle board
In addition, the following features make the product more resilient, more maintainable, and more robust than their forebearers:
- Stainless Steel hardware
- 3-wire grounded industrial-duty cord with moulded 3-wire plug
- Customer selectable loudspeaker and vacuum tube complement
- Reverb option - Accutronics spring reverb, vintage vacuum tube circuit
- Hamilton-Kolby DLX-12 -- 12 watt Class-AB,
Push-pull 6V6GT output, 12" loudspeaker (pictured)
- Hamilton-Kolby SPR-210 -- 25-watt Class-AB,
Push-pull 6L6GC/5881 output, 2-10" loudspeakers
- Hamilton-Kolby PRO-15 -- 25-watt Class-AB, Push-pull 6L6GC/5881 output, 15" loudspeaker
All models are available with an optional two-tube spring reverb,
and customer choice of loudspeaker type.
For prices, please see our Price List Page.
||Classic Control Panel -- The essence of simplicity.
Every unit is supplied with an Owner's Manual that describes
all features, a technical discussion of how it works, and schematic diagram
for long-term serviceability.
||With an ultra-clean layout, and emminently servicable, these amplifiers are
made to last for decades, just as so many of their predecessors are working